Tuesday, March 24, 2009

April is Poetry Month - Federation of Poets Events



Tracy Repchuk here to remind you that April is Poetry Month. Here is a bit of news from one of our members, Najah Shuqair.

MEDIA RELEASE

The First Poetry Book Launch For A New Writer Benefits Cancer Patients

50% of the proceeds from the sale of this book go toward:
1) Breast Cancer Research
2) Cancer Research
3) Canadian Cancer Society

If you would like me to send you a photo. I can e-mail you one by attaching it to the email, I don't have one right now.

My name is Najah Shuqair. I started taking my writing seriously since 2006. I write poetry, short stories and articles.

I am a cancer survivor. I had Lumpectomy surgery 5 years ago and I had Mastectomy in January, 27, 2009.

I published my first poetry book in November 2008. It called "ENTER MY HEART", Poems For The Soul.

I started the book with a statement:

Poems are nutrition for the soul
Like
Flowers are nutrition for the bees

I am going to launch the book on Sunday, April, 5, 2009 between 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Cost of the Book is $10
It is a free admission, finger food and refreshments are served.
The book can be found at: www.lambtoncounty.com/najahshuqair.html

The Book Launch at the "Kinsmen Club of Sarnia"
656 Lakeshore Road
Sarnia, On.

I love helping others. I thought of a way how can I help bodily and mentally. I found that words do affect the mind. The mind is a machine that gives orders to the body.

If the mind is good, the body becomes good and fights against anything especially cancer.

Contact Person

Akhdar Press
P.O.BOX 3327
Sarnia, Ontario
N7T 8G6
Phone: 519-542-9920
E-mail: najah137@hotmail.com


Join the Federation of Poets and become a part of this great Organization that promotes poets and poetry in the dedication of a better world.

Join the Federation of Poets

Tracy Repchuk
President and Founder of the Canadian Federation of Poets

No comments: