Tuesday, June 02, 2009
Tons happening with the Federation of Poets members - check it out and then get the whole newsletter at - June Federation of Poets Newsletter
CFP MEMBER NEWS
If you are a CFP member with exciting news, let us know. Send an email with the news in it, and a subject line of CFP Member News.
Tracy Repchuk -
* May 16-17 - Appeared at
Dreams to Reality Success Summit
* Appeared on broadcast TV news stations nationwide (USA) for an internet search piece put together by Eyewitness News
* interview appeared online in the United States at Lulu.com. The Interview can be read online at Lulu by clicking on: Nikhil Parekh article
Stephen Gill -
* Presented his poetry on peace at Cornwall Public Library
* April 11th, The Vaughan Poets’ Circle launched their new poetry anthology Earth to the Moon which Debbie edited and contains five of her poems.
* Debbie was asked to be a regular monthly contributor to the Truthseekers section of the blog Culture Unplugged where she writes about language, poetry and culture.
* Debbie Ouellet’s first picture book, How Robin Saved Spring, was named ‘Book of the Month’ in Cookie Magazine and ‘Kid’s Pick of the Month’ on Amazon.ca in April 2009.
March 20th, How Robin Saved Spring was reviewed on the blog, Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast where the reviewer included Debbie’s poem “Queen Anne’s Lace”.
On March 25th, Debbie did a presentation on writing poetry to 52 Grade-Six students at Woodbridge Public School in Woodbridge, Ontario.
* Voices Israel has a new website
Ed Roberts -
* His latest poem "Silence" was featured by the SOP, Student Operated Press, as an article and was listed on the front page of their site.
* Also framed copies of his poem "Memorial"
which appeared in my latest book Whispers, Tears, Prayers and Hope, and presented them to The Veterans Memorial Hospital and the Veterans Center in Norman,
Lori A May -
* The Ambassador Poetry Project, a new online periodical featuring writers from Ontario and Michigan, is accepting submissions for its launch issue. Emerging and established poets welcome in all styles. Poetic narrative and digital artwork is also welcome. Emails containing attachments will not be opened. Please review the guidelines at www.ambassadorpoetry.com.
Posted by Tracy Repchuk Online Marketing Strategist at 12:12 AM